You are invited!
Ottawa Family Tree Reunion 2020!
What a great chance to meet other branches of our family tree!
- 2012 saw a wonderful turnout from the Delaney branch … who brought us a wonderful picture of Msgr J S O’Connor (George Delaney m. Minnie (Mary) O’Connor); and we discovered some members of the Emmett O’Connor/ Agnes Dolan line.
- 2013 brought a connection with our Frood and Cadieux cousins! We met some cousins who had stories of our Stanley Cup player cousin, Oren Frood.
- 2014 brought a smaller but enthusiastic turn-out in spite of terrible weather, and we connected some Wilsons with each other (though not our line!) We learned that the D’Aoust (later Dow) family from Quyon area were good friends with our Cadieux line!
- 2015 was our largest get together yet! More than 30 folks filled the breakfast room! We helped some Doyles and Wilsons (not from our lines) start some research and by chance met some folks who worked with one of our cousins on Parliament Hill!
- 2016 was another great get together! Many of our regulars and lots of new folks, too! The best part is always when we end up in small groups helping each other find online resources and sharing our favourite websites and genealogy software!
- 2017 is Canada’s 150th of Confederation 🇨🇦 and we had something special: free photo scanning — we scanned and digitised family tree photos brought to the reunion by relatives !
- 2018 we had visitors from British Columbia — Eric O’Connor and family (of the Stephen O’Connor m. Salomée Quenneville line) and Carol O. of my McEwan family who has been working diligently on great grandpa John (Jake) McEwan’s date of death …
When & Where?
The date — TBA, Sunday afternoon, 1-5pm
Fairfield Inn & Suites, Terry Fox Dr., Kanata ON
Just outside of Ottawa, a quick block from the 417 at the Terry Fox Drive exit, going South,
turn right at the first light after the 417 overpass
and then a quick right into the Fairfield (formerly Country) Inn & Suites parking lot.
You’re invited to join us for an informal get together to swap stories, photos and family history information!
Even if you’re not sure that your ancestors are in our line, we love to help folks with their researching!
Bring along your family trees, picture albums (or their more modern equivalent — netbooks and iPads! WiFi available!) and all your best memories and stories.
We’ll have the coffee pot (and of course, the tea pot!) going for you.
And the ever-favourite Reunion Cake!
So come join the fun!